An Ode to Duck Fat Fries
Everyone loves fries. Whether that be regular fries, waffle fries, sweet potato fries, and more. Fries can be paired with almost anything and can be found at almost every restaurant. The only downside of fries is that they can sometimes lack flavor and are not always the healthiest option. If you are looking for something that is healthy and delicious, try Duck Fat Fries!
It can be difficult to find a healthy alternative to fries that still have the same delicious flavor you have come to know and love but with Duck Fat Fries, you are able to get the best tasting fries without sacrificing the health benefits. Duck fat does not only keep the traditional salt flavor of the fries but adds the umami flavor that blends perfectly with the salt that season's fries. The duck fat can withstand high temperatures so the fries come out tasting crispy on the outside and delicious on the inside. It also contains healthy monounsaturated fats, vitamin E and oleic acid. Fast and easy to make, these fries will not disappoint!
Simple Duck Fat Fries Recipe
- Duck Fat - 1 Tbsp. if air-frying, 6 oz. if deep frying in a pan. Substitute vegetable oil if you do not have duck fat.
- 4 oz. vegetable oil (if pan frying)
- 2-3 cups store bought frozen French fries
- ¼ tsp Salt
- If air-frying: place 1 Tbsp. of Duck Fat in the air-fryer and preheat. Then cook fries in an air-fryer according to packaging directions. If the packaging does not give air-fryer directions, cook for approximately 10 minutes at 380 degrees.
- If pan-frying: melt 6 oz. duck fat in a small saucepan along with 4 oz. vegetable oil. Bring to medium high heat, then fry fries according to packaging directions for deep frying or pan frying (approximately 3-5 minutes).
- Salt fries with 1/4 tsp. Kosher/Sea salt. We recommend truffle salt if you have it.
If you are looking to pair this side with a meal that is equally as tasty, there is no limit to what you can pair with these.
Delicious Fun Food for Duck Fat Fries
Switch up your average steak & frites dish with our All Natural Duck Breast and Duck Fat Fries! Created by Olivia Tucker from #LunchWithLiv, this dish is topped with Olivia's favorite sauce - a South American Chimichurri made with fresh cilantro, parsley and lots of garlic.
Our Ground Duck blended with panko makes a delicious patty to take center stage in this dish. We recommend serving this recipe with a traditional Australian side - Duck Fat Fries seasoned with chicken salt with chili sauce on the side for dipping.
Currywurst is a classic German street food that coats brats in tangy curry ketchup. It's traditionally served with fries on the side, so we added in Duck Fat Fries! While typically served with beer, this recipe also pairs well with a Sweet Riesling to match the blend of sweet and savory flavors of the curry ketchup.
Perfect Poutine Pairing
A comfort food classic! This quick and easy Duck Poutine recipe is packed with savory and tangy flavor. Traditional Canadian poutine with a Duck upgrade. Try this with our pulled duck or with our fully-cooked Roast Half Duck or Duck Confit.
This twist on traditional poutine is enhanced with duck bacon and a savory apple cider-cream gravy to make an addictive snack or the perfect main meal.