Position: Wisconsin Hatchery - General Labor
Location: Kansasville, WI
- Attentiveness and good listening
- Ability to be observant and able to pay attention to small details.
- A desire to work cooperatively with coworkers to help achieve facility and company goals
- Awareness of your working environment and conditions and the people around you for safe work practices.
- Interest in achieving the best results for our customers
- A desire to continually learn
- Compliance with Safety and Biosecurity rules and guidelines as well as our Animal Well-being guidelines
- In this area of the company we strive to hatch quality ducklings for our customers and some of the tasks you may be involved in may include:
- Washing of our hatching eggs coming from the farm
- Placement of the eggs onto trolley systems for incubation
- Candling of the eggs for fertility
- Transfer of the eggs into hatchers
- Servicing, grading, and counting of the hatchlings for our valued customers
- Cleaning post processes
- Tolerant of working in varying conditions, warm and cool.
- Able to climb ladders
- Ability to lift up to 20 to 25 pounds with repetition.
- Able to work with garden hoses and pressure hoses
- Ability to count accurately and do basic math.
- Ability to read and follow schematics.
- Working with live animals
Will wear Protective equipment as needed such as safety glasses.
Individuals who are interested in consideration for this position should
submit a resume or may fill out an application in person at the Downy Hatchery, 24830 Washington Ave., Kansasville WI. 53139