Position: Shipping / Capping Supervisor – 1 st Shift
Location: Maple Leaf Farms - MLS Shipping Dock, Milford, IN
Reports To: Day Shift Manager
- Direct, coordinate and communicate activities within the Warehouse, Capping line and Shipping dock.
- Responsible for the management and effective training and development of current and new staff members.
- Supervise, instruct, discipline and evaluate staff.
- Work with the Production Department to ensure operational needs are meet.
- Maintain communication with Quality Control and the USDA, to ensure product quality and safety, resolving problems as they arise.
- Ensure the routine operation of the Shipping / capping departments by closely monitoring procedures, evaluating efficiencies, placement and rotation of employees.
- Support management of the 2 shift facility and its processes regarding operations, vacation time and absenteeism.
- Troubleshoot systemic and mechanical problems as needed.
- Manage staff by directing and responding to daily issues in the shipping and capping departments.
- Coordinate with USDA, QA, Inventory Control, Customer Service and Distribution Center
- Perform related duties as required.
- Supervisory experience in the warehouse/shipping environment
- Strong computer skills, including WMS experience and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to monitor, measure, and motivate staff
- Strong communication and math skills
- Working knowledge of standard operating procedures including, but not limited to, USDA guidelines, OSHA requirements, employee handbook, and company policies
- Experience working in a refrigerated environment and inventory control
Qualified individuals who are interested in consideration for this position must submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or in the Human Resource Office.