Research Farm Technician
Position: Research Farm Technician
Reports To: MLF Research Farm Manager
- Performs research and diagnostics, as it relates to efficient operation of the Research farm and as required for special projects at the BTC.
- Solid skills in the operating of farm and research equipment with a high degree of efficiency and a very high level of accuracy.
- Follows research SOPs. Study protocols and collects data with a high level of accuracy.
- Performs veterinary diagnostics such as necropsies and collects organs for research as necessary. Collects samples, maintains and records experimental data in support of research activities.
- Maintains cleanliness of animal facilities. Cleans and disinfects rooms after studies.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Ability to identify problems as they relate to poultry health, performance and well-being, utilizing supporting problem-solving methodology.
- Ability to collect live animal data such as growth, feed consumption, carcass composition, biological samples, and make observations of duck behavior and health status.
- Ability to incorporate established Live Production operational procedures (SOPs), biosecurity guidelines, Animal well-being and company policy.
- Requires knowledge associated with Labor Grade Program and ability to attain LG I status within one year of hire.
- Ability to manage various tasks and priorities simultaneously. Is expected to calibrate and use sophisticated scientific equipment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills; use of tact when confronting issues within the company. Can be trusted with confidential information.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn how to perform a necropsy. To include organs harvest for dissection and study. Ability to use aseptic techniques in culturing samples of animals and for hatcheries and farms environments.
- Schedule to include weekend, Holiday work and extended hours to meet research project demands.