QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN - 1st, 2nd & 3rd Shift
Position: QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN - 1st, 2nd & 3rd Shift
Location: Food Processing Operations Facility
Reports To: Quality Assurance Manager
- Responsible for pre-operational sanitation inspection of production areas of the plant. Determine sanitation effectiveness, requiring re-cleaning when necessary.
- Verify all scales to ensure accuracy; send to maintenance for repairs, if necessary. Test thermometers for accurate readings.
- Record ingredient lot numbers and weight used in daily production. Monitor and verify that lactate mixture is made according to specifications.
- Perform various CCP verifications and/or tests: freezer and product temperatures, breading and batter pick-ups, meat and filling weights, bake and cool down temperatures, footbaths and hand rinses, leaker check, etc. Document findings and report any issues to Production Supervision or appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for verifying employees’ adherence to GMPs, hygiene, SOP & SSOP policies.
- Change Frigo temperature chart daily.
- Verify and keep records of all metal detection devices to assure proper functioning throughout the day. Investigate metal contamination of product and report to appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for taking random samples of ingredients and/or finished product for microbiological analysis.
- Verify and record all product labels and codes, code dating, declaration and net weights.
- Inspect incoming ingredients to ensure adherence to company specifications: lab sampling, color, bar codes, legibility, weight tests, quantity, brand, truck cleanliness, t0, etc.
- Inspect returned/rejected products. Notify QA Supervisor and/or Manager of returned product to get direction on whether product should be put back into inventory, reworked, or condemned.
- Conduct analysis for environmental and microbiological tests on food-contact and non-contact equipment.
- Responsible for preparing food for evaluations.
- Complete and distribute required documents, make copies and file originals.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Knowledge of, or ability to acquire knowledge, the poultry or food industry
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize departmental needs
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of individuals and situations and resolve conflicts, as needed, within a team environment of all divisions
- Working knowledge of computers, including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, tracking and trending analysis, statistical process control, and databases.
- Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices including, but not limited to, USDA guidelines, OSHA requirements, HACCP regulations, HazMat, and company policies
- Will need to work with all levels of personnel & USDA representatives effectively