Position: Quality Assurance Manager – MLS
Location: Milford, IN
Reports To: QAFS Manager
- Responsible for direct supervision of all Quality Assurance Technicians, and Lead Technicians.
- Interacts with USDA and plant management, solving problems with non-compliance of processing procedures and/or Good Manufacturing Practices, Food Safety, and SSOPs as well as HACCP.
- Communicates with all levels of management in written or verbal form concerning all aspects of quality, food safety, and customer specifications.
- Interacts with Purchasing, Production, Research & Development on new products, new processes, processing materials and/or machinery.
- Communicates with Sales, Customer Service and Customers on correction of quality problems.
- Reviews all QA Technicians’ work reports.
- Helps develop and run yield studies on new product(s).
- Evaluates daily and weekly microbiological test results; works to correct problem areas.
- Participates on numerous committees to determine impact on quality and food safety.
- Works with Quality Audits to monitor and stay in compliance with standards of Company, customers and co-packers.
- Trains new and existing employees in current and newly developed QA and governmental inspection programs (e.g., HACCP, SSOP, Good Manufacturing Practices, or USDA regulations); and assigns overtime work, if necessary.
- Responsible for verifying all shipments of finished product to ensure food safety and quality.
- Responsible for filling in on Floor and Lead QA positions, as needed.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Requires knowledge of food manufacturing processes, preferably in the poultry or food industry; USDA guidelines, OSHA safety regulations, HACCP regulations, food safety guidelines, Microbiology, Hazard Analysis, company policies, and demonstrated communication skills.
- Skills And Abilities:
- Knowledge of, or ability to acquire knowledge of, the poultry or food industry.
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize departmental needs.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of individuals and situations, and resolve conflicts as needed. Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of computers, including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, Trending and Tracking analysis, Statistical Process Control and databases.
- Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices including, but not limited to, USDA guidelines, OSHA requirements, HACCP regulations, HazMat, and company policies.
- Knowledge and skills identified are typically acquired through the completion of a 4-year college degree in one of the following related disciplines: Food Science or Microbiology; or equivalent, progressive business experience. Manufacturing industry experience is helpful.
Qualified individuals who are interested in consideration for this position must first notify their supervisor of their desire to inquire further and must then submit a resume to the Human Resource Office.