Position: QUALITY ASSURANCE LEAD, 3rd Shift
Location: Milford, IN
Reports To: Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Position is accountable for assisting the Quality Assurance Supervisor in coordinating quality activities, meeting or exceeding quality goals and complying with standard operation procedures and safety practices.
- Lead quality processes and procedures, supervising and instructing subordinate quality assurance staff in their roles under guidance of Quality Assurance Supervisor.
- Constantly monitor processes and procedures during production, ensuring product quality and specifications are met. Take necessary corrective actions when possible, and promptly report inconsistencies to the Supervisor.
- Fill in for subordinates when needed. This may include working on any/all of the three shifts. Provide backup for Quality Assurance Supervisor.
- Assists in training and development of new and current employees of the department/area.
- Work with production employees and Leads of other interfacing departments to ensure quality goals and standards are met.
- Troubleshoot quality issues.
- Assist in collection and processing of various quality data.
- Responsible for verifying all shipments of finished product to ensure food safety and quality
- Responsible for stopping production, when necessary, based on results of inspections and findings
- Cross train at MLS in the duck processing area/QA to provide support for the other facility.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Requires working knowledge of standard operational procedures, quality specifications, USDA guidelines, OSHA requirements, HAACP guidelines, employee handbook, and company policies.
- Demonstrated ability in communication skills, preferably in both English and Spanish.
- Working knowledge of computers, including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, tracking and trending analysis, statistical process control, and databases.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of quality and machinery used in the plant department, as well as learn new quality techniques and methods.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of individuals and situations and resolve conflicts, as needed, within a team environment of all divisions
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of employees and trouble-shoot quality problems on the production line.
- Requires evaluation and prioritizing departmental needs.