Position: LP Maintenance/Mechanic Tech
Location: Milford, Indiana
Reports To: LP Transportation Manager
- Ensure equipment pre-operational, operational checks and logs are maintained in compliance with Maple Leaf Farms policies, Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Indiana Department of Environmental Management.
- Employee must be H.V.A.C. certified, or have knowledge of repairing our Hatchery trucks heating, ventilating, and air conditioning units.
- Ability to weld all types of metals, and skillful to run different types of welders.
- Ability to perform maintenance on all farm vehicles, and all MLF trucks, tractors and trailers.
- Abilities to perform brake jobs on both tractor and trailers.
- Communicate to the supervisor any irregularities observed in equipment, that may prevent loading or unloading of ducks or in meeting schedule requirements.
- Ensure operating equipment; trucks, trailers and tractors are periodically inspected, cleaned and referred for maintenance as needed. Communicate the corrective/preventative action to their supervisor as needed. Perform repairs as required
- Adhere to the Duck Care and Handling Guidelines to which they are certified and re-certified on an annual basis. To include the proper handling fatigued ducks and use of totes.
- Load ducks in accordance with Duck Well-being guidelines relative to density and weather constraints. Properly adjust equipment to best meet duck requirements.
- Assist other drivers in the transport of vehicles, and assist with loading and unloading.
- Keeps tractor cab at a high status of cleanliness, follow biosecurity policies in terms of premise entry, flock scheduling and exposure to other poultry and swine.
- Supports the Transportation Mgr. in the direction of scheduling maintenance. Updates or maintains records.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Class A CDL.
- REQUIRES KNOWLEDGE ASSOCIATED WITH TRUCKING INDUSTRY, SEMI-TRACTOR TRAILER OPERATION, AND LIVESTOCK HAULING. SOME EXPERIENCE IN POULTRY REARING IS HELPFUL. REQUIRES KNOWLEDGE ASSOCIATED IN MECHANICS, AND MAINTAINING LIVE-HAUL EQUIPMENT, AND OTHER FARM FACILITIES.
- ABILITY TO OPERATE EQUIPMENT
- BE ABLE TO WORK EFFECTIVELY WITH OTHERS, COMMUNICATE ALONG ALL LEVELS & DIRECT STAFF AS REQUIRED.
- CAN RESOLVE MINOR PROBLEMS RELATED TO LOADING AND UNLOADING DUCKS, EQUIPMENT OPERATION REQUIRED MEETING OPERATIONAL OBJECTIVES WITHIN GUIDELINES, COMPANY POLICY AND STATE AND FEDERAL REGULATIONS.