Live Production Systems & Support Specialist
Position: Live Production Systems & Support Specialist
- Responsible for maintaining, refining, troubleshooting and reporting of the information in the LP computer systems. Analyzes system issues and investigates potential solutions. Works with IT and system support to refine software and reporting to LP specifications.
- As needed, acts as a primary backup role to the data collection staff within the Feed Mill, Breeder, Hatchery, Grower, and Planning Departments in Live Production.
- Trains LP staff in system functionality. Assesses system capabilities and works to identify areas for improved utilization.
- Manages weekly and monthly closing status for the various LP departments.
- Responsible for the documentation, records and compensation associated with the Trident Stewardship Audit Program.
- Calculates and submits payment requests to accounts payable related to shavings, propane, boot allowances, producer contract payments, trucking payments and other obligations.
- Maintains various assignments and liens related to contract producers in order to ensure compliance with lending institution requirements.
- Assists in planning the movement of Grower & Breeder flocks thru the production cycle.
- Analyzes feed deliveries, feed orders and farm feed inventories for Grower & Breeder.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Ability to effectively work with multiple departments and in team environments is required.
- Strong interpersonal and oral and verbal skills required to communicate with outside companies, producers, visitors, and departmental staff.
- Ability to calculate math functions appropriate for job and accuracy in data entry.
- Ability to operate computer systems at an advanced level, or above.
- Ability to run and submit reports in a clear, cohesive fashion and on a timely basis.
- Experienced in filing and the use of office equipment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and organize priorities in an efficient manner.
Minimum associates degree or equivalent progressive experience required. Position requires knowledge of accounting practices (GAAP), 3-5 years of experience in data entry, computer testing and implementation. Work requires advanced computer knowledge of several software packages including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets and specialized data bases. Thorough knowledge of or ability to gain knowledge of complete duck production system from milling to processing.