Position: Improvement Lead 1st shift
Location: Milford, IN
- Measure real-world production/processing applications to assess product and process attributes increasing customer satisfaction and process efficiency and company goals.
- Support Primary, Value-Added and Distribution Operations by developing strong working relationships and actively working with team members with measurement and assessment of product and process performance against targets in the areas of food safety, quality assurance, processing technique & efficiency, yields, sanitation, safety, logistics, sustainability, new production technologies, and product innovation.
- Participate in research initiatives and investigations. Responsibilities include scheduling, data collection, data entry, and interpretation/reporting of results.
- Work independently to manage assigned tasks to support ongoing project assignments and priorities as outlined by Improvement Manager.
- Partner with Quality Assurance, R&D, Live Production, and other areas as required to seek knowledge and input important to achieving project objectives.
- Frequent verbal and written reporting will be required to maintain effective communication
- Support OAW and lean program continuity across MLS, SER, and DC locations.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Ability to work independently in cooperation with production to achieve assignment goals
- Able to rapidly develop and demonstrate an in-depth understanding of duck and chicken specific processing practices and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to collect and enter data collected in relation to tasks and projects as dictated by Improvement Manager
- Data entry skills… Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Working knowledge of plant and USDA GMP’s, HACCP, Quality Assurance Program standards, and all required Prerequisite Programs.
- Ability to act as a change agent within and across the organizations. This demands a particularly high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with very sensitive information and/or issues.
- Able to work on multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously.
- Able to interact with people from a wide range of backgrounds effectively.
Job Type: Full-time