Position: Feed Mill Technician
Location: Syracuse Feed Mill
Reports To: Feed Mill Manager
- Knowledge of Feed Mill structure and production Flow Chart to gain understanding of load out and receiving and the relationship to all the areas of the mill.
- Visually recognize and inspect all varieties of feed types and ingredients to assure quality control and accuracy.
- Monitor and comprehend the electronic control panels that aid in receiving, transferring and drying corn.
- Operate customized batching system and pellet milling for all feed types.
- Responsible for the final acceptance or rejection of all ingredients before placing them in the proper bin.
- Finalize all feed shipments for quality control and accuracy.
- Take the physical inventory of all ingredients.
- Responsible for sanitation, housekeeping, and preventative maintenance procedures of the Feed Mill.
- Complete training in necessary areas to perform job tasks.
- Ensure all bio security, safety and preventative maintenance guidelines and policies are being followed.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Ability to recognize all varieties of feed types.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and withstand the physical conditions required by the Feed Mill.
- Ability to understand fundamental math skills.
- Ability to work with basic computer systems.
- Ability to withstand heights, dust, and adverse weather conditions.
- Able to work flexible hours.