Position: Facilities Maintenance Technician- Lead
Location: Milford, IN
Reports To: Facilities Maintenance Manager
- Ensure all facilities are properly maintained according to Maple Leaf programs on Duck Farm Management, duck well-being, environmental, and bio-security
- Receive daily job assignments from Maintenance Manager, and assign maintenance technicians to complete tasks.
- Make maintenance repairs in the area of construction, HVAC, heating ventilation and cooling.
- Schedule and coordinate projects with outside contractors in conjunction with Project Manager.
- Monitor repair costs to keep on schedule and within budget.
- Remain abreast of new and emerging technologies in suggesting improvements.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Additional duties would entail snow removal & would require weekly on-call duty on a rotational basis.
- Demonstrated mechanical and electrical aptitudes.
- Proficient in construction design, diagnosis, welding and fabrication.
- General Knowledge in HVAC, heating ventilation and cooling
- Ability to read prints, schematics and technical manuals
- Working knowledge of basic mathematics
- Knowledge of established standard operating procedures.
- Working knowledge of computer software.
- Ability to plan and cost projects and repairs with department members.
- Ability to strictly follow and adhere to safety guidelines.
- Position requires valid driver’s license as a company vehicle is provided upon successful performance during probationary period.
- Educational Requirements
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Strong mechanical abilities