Position: Evisceration Supervisor 3rd Shift
Location: Milford, IN
- Responsible for efficiency, quality, safety and food safety within the department/area.
- Supervise, instruct, evaluate and drive accountability with staff in their roles.
- Closely monitor processes and procedures during 1st processing activities. Take prompt and effective corrective actions in case of deviations.
- Maintain and manage associated processing documentation
- Work effectively with USDA; attempt to resolve issues as they arise.
- Coordinate with QA all quality and food safety program activities.
- Train and certify new and existing staff regarding USDA, HACCP, and OSHA guidelines as appropriate, by position.
- Work with other interfacing departments to ensure adequate product, service and/or information is provided.
- Work with HR to address and resolve employee issues on hiring, attendance, employment termination, contractual and disciplinary issues.
- Troubleshoot process or inventory issues when possible.
- Perform related duties as required or directed by management.
- Requires knowledge of including, but not limited to, standard operating procedures, USDA guidelines that govern processes, HACCP, SSOPs, company policies, and employee handbook, as well as demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of the machinery and processes used in the plant department.
- Ability to multi-task in an effective manner.
- Ability to collect data, prepare and interpret production reports.
- Ability to respond quickly and sensibly in abnormal situations, mitigating negative impactstoteam and product
- Working knowledge of computers, including, but not limited to word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Knowledge and skills are typically acquired through the completion of an Associate’s degree and some manufacturing line experience.
- Strong leadership and communication skills required. Demonstrated problem solving skills are required.
Job Type: Full-time