Position: Downy Hatchery Supervisor
Location: Kansasville, Wisconsin
- Ensure, all aspects of hatchery operations, are in compliance with Live Production’s recommended operating procedures, duck-well-being guidelines, biosecurity guidelines and safety programs, thru monitoring production processes, egg quality, and day-old quality.
- Ensure proper operation, inspection, cleaning, monitoring and repair of all hatchery equipment. Perform minor repairs as required.
- Respond to off hour alarms, works weekends and holidays according to the rotation schedule.
- Produce timely and accurate reports and records for appropriate personnel throughout the company.
- Staff management, including hiring, onboarding, assigning, training, disciplining and terminating hatchery employees with HR consultation when needed.
- Provide guidance and supervision to staff. Monitor staff performance and staff development.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Knowledge, or ability to acquire knowledge, of hatchery production, support processes, equipment, established SOP’s, and company policies and state and federal regulations.
- Supervisory experience or ability to demonstrate leadership and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with others and interact with all levels of staff.
- Strong mechanical aptitude. Ability to troubleshoot and analyze technical problems
- Ability to organize, prioritize and supervise multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of computer software including, but not limited to, word documents, spreadsheets and database programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Animal or Poultry Science or another related field, or practical work experience equivalent