Position: Division Controller- Eurasia/Down
Reports To: Director of Finance
- Prepare consolidated monthly financial statements and associated analysis including sales, customer and divisional analysis for Down Inc., Eurasia Feather and the consolidated division.
- Prepare reports that summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Coordinate with departments and complete the annual Budget.
- Prepare supporting schedules for the preparation of Maple Leaf consolidated federal, state and local tax returns.
- Distribute timely financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external financial statements.
- Review and reconcile statements prepared by Lake Michigan Feathers & Down, Inc. for inclusion in the consolidated statements.
- Partner with Sales & Marketing to determine pricing of products and special orders.
- Review and approve Payroll information, complete quarterly deposits and reconcile annual W-2 forms.
- Complete Maple Leaf Human Resources paperwork for new hires.
- Supervise, train and develop accounting staff.
- Monitor physical inventories and resolve any discrepancies.
- Coordinate with various departments regarding their accounting needs and communicate that information effectively.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and cost accounting principles.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently analyze business problems and prepare cost studies.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead groups of employees and processes, including development of subordinates.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in written form, with a variety of individuals and situations, and resolve conflicts as needed.
- Strong computer and problem solving skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees.
- Knowledge and skills identified are acquired through a B.S. degree in accounting or finance and 5-15 years of experience in all aspects of accounting. Demonstrated supervisory experience and computer proficiency required. MBA or CPA certification preferred.
- This job description indicated the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.