Distribution Center Supervisor – 2nd Shift
Position: Distribution Center Supervisor – 2nd Shift
Location: Milford, IN
Reports To: Corporate Distribution Center Manager
- Direct, coordinate and communicate activities within the Distribution Center.
- Responsible for the management and effective training and development of current and new staff members.
- Supervise, instruct, discipline and evaluate staff.
- Work with the Traffic Department to ensure shipments go out to meet scheduling requirements.
- Maintain communication with Quality Control and the USDA, to ensure product quality and safety, resolving problems as they arise.
- Ensure the routine operation of the distribution department by closely monitoring procedures, evaluating efficiencies, placement and rotation of employees.
- Support management of the 24 hour distribution process regarding operations, vacation time and absenteeism.
- Troubleshoot systemic and mechanical problems as needed.
- Give drivers directions for proper destination and temperature control to maintain quality of product.
- Manage staff by directing and responding to daily issues in the distribution department.
- Coordinate with USDA, QA, Inventory Control, Customer Service and Traffic Coordinator functions.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Supervisory experience in the warehouse/shipping environment
- Strong computer skills, including WMS experience and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to monitor, measure, and motivate staff
- Strong communication and math skills
- Working knowledge of standard operating procedures including, but not limited to, USDA guidelines, OSHA requirements, Department of Transportation guidelines, employee handbook, and company policies
- Experience working in a refrigerated environment