Position: DC Traffic Coordinator
Reports To: Logistics Manager
- Plan delivery of products by organizing truckloads and routing schedules.
- Develop picking orders in system through building of truckloads
- Coordinate delivery with Carrier, Service Specialists and Customer.
- Partner with multiple shipping sites in various states.
- Troubleshoot delivery failures and problem solve for timely correction.
- Organize the return of product and problem solve for resolution.
- Communicate with Service Specialists, Credit, Order Entry, Planning and Production Supervisors regarding delivery of orders.
- Process freight payments for all carriers and ensure accuracy of mileage, surcharge and other related expenses.
- Complete necessary documentation for exporting product and receiving UDSA and other governmental agencies approval.
- Remain abreast of governmental regulations, including Food Safety & Inspection Service and USDA regulations and, where applicable, import/export regulations.
- Contact customers for follow-up review of on time deliveries (approximately 120 per week).
- Perform related duties as required
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and problem-solve, in a timely manner.
- Ability to plan trucking routes in detail for timely delivery.
- Ability to coordinate with contracted trucking dispatchers and drivers.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn several software packages including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets and specialized databases.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in written form, with a variety of individuals and situations, and resolve conflicts as needed.
- Working knowledge of standard operating procedures including, but not limited to, USDA guidelines, Export Regulations, Shipping and Food Industry standard operating procedures, and company policies.
- Knowledge and skills identified are acquired through progressive, related experience in customer service. A two to four-year degree in Business, or a related field, is helpful. Previous knowledge of the food industry is helpful.