Position: 3rd Shift Manager
Reports To: Serenade Plant Manager
- Manage all aspects of shift production by directing, coordinating and communicating activities and responding to daily issues.
- Responsible for ensuring efficiency, product quality and safety during production shift. Take corrective measures to fix inconsistencies, and report them to Plant Manager.
- Direct activities of subordinate Production Supervisors, Leads and staff under direction of Plant Manager.
- Responsible for managing production, labor, financial and other available resources to ensure operational efficiency.
- Work directly with Planning, QA, Distribution and other interfacing departments to secure quality and timeliness of product and processes.
- Coordinate activities with Maintenance Department, address and eliminate problems related to equipment malfunctions, safety hazards and facilities repair.
- Work effectively with USDA, attempting to resolve issues as they arise.
- Coordinate with QA all product quality and safety issues. Supervise HACCP and pre-requisite program application.
- Ensure proper training and certification of appropriate new and existing staff regarding Operational, USDA, HACCP, and OSHA guidelines.
- Work with Human Resources to address and resolve employee relations, contractual and disciplinary issues.
- Implement and support health and safety policy and hygiene policy as it relates to GMPs, and company’s safety program.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Knowledge of or ability to acquire knowledge of processes used in poultry plants.
- Ability to multi-task in an effective manner.
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize department needs.
- Ability to direct production, manage and communicate with large groups of people.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of individuals, and resolve conflicts as needed.
- Working knowledge of computers, including, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Ability to collect, prepare, interpret and analyze various production reports and data.