2nd Shift Food Production Supervisor – Serenade Foods
Position: 2nd Shift Food Production Supervisor – Serenade Foods
Location: Milford, IN
Reports To: B Shift Manager
- Manage production, receiving, sanitation, and start up activities by directing, coordinating, communicating and verifying daily activities within Serenade, and responding to daily issues/needs.
- Responsible for efficiency of tasks, staff time utilization, product quality, personnel safety, and food safety within Serenade.
- Supervise, instruct, evaluate and mentor C-shift team in their roles.
- Prepare for production by planning staffing assignments, testing equipment, communicating with line production supervisors in order to support daily needs.
- Closely monitor processes and procedures during production, ensuring product quality and specifications are met. Take prompt and effective corrective actions in case of deviations.
- Ensure the routine logistical needs of the facility, Master Sanitation programs, quality, and production programs are met in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work effectively with USDA; attempt to resolve issues as they arise.
- Coordinate with QA all product quality and safety issues. Facilitate pre-operative inspections conducted by QA. Responsible for HACCP and pre-requisite program application.
- Train and certify new and existing staff regarding Production, USDA, HACCP, and OSHA guidelines/ programs as appropriate, by position.
- Work with other interfacing departments to ensure adequate product, service and/or information is provided.
- Work with HR to address and resolve employee issues on hiring, attendance, employment termination, contractual and disciplinary issues.
- Troubleshoot mechanical issues.
- Introduce new methods of processing through different research procedures such as CPI and Lean.
- Perform all related duties as required.
- Ability to effectively train all tasks.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of the machinery and processes used in the plant. All departments.
- Ability to multi-task in an effective manner.
- Ability to collect accurate inventory data, prepare and interpret production reports.
- Ability to communicate-with and manage large groups of employees, spread throughout the campus.
- Ability to respond quickly and sensibly to volatile situations or people, and take corrective actions.
- Working knowledge of computers, including, but not limited to word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
Knowledge and skills are typically acquired through the completion of an Associate’s degree, or equivalent line experience within the food industry. Strong communication skills and Mechanical aptitude. Demonstrated problem-solving and business decision skills are required. Ability to keep clean and accurate legal documents with regards to time/temperature, and training other to do the same are a must.