1st SHIFT SENIOR QA TECHNICIAN
Position: 1st SHIFT SENIOR QA TECHNICIAN
Location: Milford, IN
Reports To: Quality Assurance Supervisor/Manager
- Position is accountable for assisting the Quality Assurance Supervisor in coordinating quality activities, meeting or exceeding quality goals and complying with standard operation procedures and safety practices.
- Position will be expected to perform duties such as plant rounds, receiving inspection of ingredients, packaging, chicken and co-pack.
- Audit processes, procedures and paperwork that support quality and HACCP programs, ensuring product quality and specifications are met. Take necessary corrective actions when possible, and promptly report inconsistencies to the Supervisor.
- Fill in for QA Supervisor or other QA team members when needed. This may include working on any/all of the three shifts.
- Assists in training and development of new and current employees of the department/area.
- Work with production employees and Leads of other interfacing departments to ensure quality goals and standards are met.
- Perform and document Customer Complaint investigations
- Organize, conduct and report on product evaluations
- Organize and conduct and report on Facility Audit and Glass & Plastic audits
- Organize and manage product on QA Hold; initiate necessary rework documentation and perform rework verification as it is being performed.
- Responsible for stopping production, when necessary, based on results of inspections and findings
- Be able to audit, update and train QA OAW’s (work instructions).
- Be able to provide QA presence during various inspections by USDA, outside auditors, etc. as needed.
- Be able to organize, develop and update excel files to capture CTQ, random quality data, etc.
- Perform related duties as required or directed by Quality Supervisor.
- Requires working knowledge of standard operational procedures, quality specifications, USDA guidelines, OSHA requirements, HAACP guidelines, employee handbook, and company policies.
- Demonstrated ability in communication skills, preferably in both English and Spanish.
- Working knowledge of computers, including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, tracking and trending analysis, statistical process control, and databases.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of quality and machinery used in the plant department, as well as learn new quality techniques and methods.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of individuals and situations and resolve conflicts, as needed, within a team environment of all divisions
- Must demonstrate the ability to use critical thinking.
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of employees and trouble-shoot quality problems on the production line.
- Requires strong time management skills to evaluate and prioritize departmental needs.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs, perform work standing for continuous amounts of time